Lower Back Pain Treatment
Depending on the reasons for your back pain, its severity and duration, we will suggest an individually tailored package of intervention. Our clinical team, conveniently located near St. Augustine, FL, will initially need to complete a full diagnostic assessment, enabling them to discover what the problem is and therefore how best to remedy it. Possible options medical procedures for pain control, anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxers, physical therapy, ultrasound treatment, prescriptive exercises and lifestyle changes, as well as a number of other options. To find out more about what we can offer for Orange Park, St. Augustine or Jacksonville patients, call us at (904) 783-0008.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
The most obvious symptom of lower back pain is discomfort in the lumbar region, which can take a variety of forms such as:
- Dull, aching pains
- Muscle spasms in the back and legs
- Burning pain
- Intensification of pain on movement, particularly sitting or standing
- Mobility issues
Particularly if the back pain is bad enough to prevent easy mobility, there is the potential for a whole host of secondary problems (including muscle weakness, low levels of fitness and mental health problems) to develop as a result of the initial problem.
Lower back pain is one of the most common disabilities in the Jacksonville and Orange Park, FL, localities, causing misery to millions each year. The causes of lumbar back pain are varied – in some cases there may not even be an obvious cause. Some of the most common reasons for lower back pain to develop include:
- Trauma – For example lifting inappropriately, a traffic accident or other mishap
- A disc that’s herniated (the outer “skin” of the disc has been compromised, allowing the inside tissue to move
- Generic joint degeneration (often caused by age, or everyday wear and tear)
- Joint dysfunction
- Hereditary or acquired deformity